Monday, August 29, 2016
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Monday, August 22, 2016
Our school is once again offering the Run Hard Club. Register online at www.runhard.org by . This club is fun, exciting, promotes team work, self-confidence, perseverance, and a healthier lifestyle.
The cost is $90. We start and meet every Tues. & Thurs. from . Our 5k run will be
Friday, August 19, 2016
Welcome Back! We would like to thank you for a great start to the new school year! Our students have done an awesome job these last three days. Teachers have planned wonderful and engaging learning experiences to get to know our students, focus on procedures, and build classroom community. All of our students have displayed great character and continue to PAWS for Great Effort! We look forward to building strong partnerships with each of you to ensure the success of all our students. Thank you for your support and entrusting us with your children. Together we can BE THE SPARK, that makes learning possible!
Please make sure you check our monthly school newsletter (The Langford News Fetcher) that will go out the last Friday of each month. We share a variety of information from school news, celebrations, student activities, and important dates. Also, do not forget to check the Langford Calendar for upcoming events. You may also follow us on social media! Follow us on Facebook, our blog “The Langford Ledger- thelangfordledger.blogspot.com, Twitter- @langfordlabs and our school website- www.richland2.org/le. We look forward to working with you to make this the best school year yet!
Come and visit us anytime, our doors are always open.
Information on the new 10-Point Grading Scale
In April 2016, the State Board of Education unanimously voted to implement a 10-point grading scale effective in the 2016–2017 school year across the state for high school credit courses. The 10-point grading scale will replace the 7-point grading scale.
Richland Two will adopt the 10-point grading scale for Grades 2-12 beginning in 2016–2017.
For the senior class of 2016–2017, the quality points scored on the former 7-point grading scale will be averaged with the quality points earned on the 10-point grading scale to determine a student's GPA. The same system will be used for the classes of 2017–2018 and 2018–2019. Freshmen entering high school in 2016–2017 (senior class of 2019–2020) will enter under the 10-point grading scale.
For more information, visit our Parent University page on our website. Or, click here to view the State Department of Education's website.
Wednesday, August 3, 2016
Hello Langford Families,
Welcome to another great school year! I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer and ready to start the 2016- 2017 school year. We are so excited and are positive that this is going to be one of the best school years yet!
Here are a few reminders:
1. School supplies can be found on our website (www.richland2.org/le) or blog (http://thelangfordledger.blogspot.com/)
2. By August 12th you will be able to see who your child's teacher is through Parent Portal. Please note, class assignment can change due to our enrollment, gain or loss of a teacher, etc. This is something that does not happen often, but could.
3. If returning student updates are not completed or a new proof of residency has not yet been submitted, your child will not be assigned a teacher. Please make sure all updates are completed as soon as possible and our Registrar has a copy of your proof of residency. Updates can be accessed on Parent Portal.
4. Our Meet & Greet Pop-In will be on Monday, August 15th from 5:30-7:30 pm. This is a "drop in" for the whole family. You will be able to sign up for our after school program and/or other after school activities, visit your classroom, drop off your school supplies, and pay fees if you haven't done so by August 15th.
5. Do you want to avoid lines for fees? You can pay them online through Parent Portal and prior to Meet & Greet Pop-In!
6. First Day of School.....Wednesday, August 17th.
We are excited about a new year and all the wonderful things it will bring. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you soon!!!
Enjoy your day,